26 December 2009

A lazy Saturday calls for...

Cloves

... Hot Christmas Punch! Every year during the Christmas season, my mother would make this warm Christmas punch. It smells up the house of cinnamon and cloves, and smelling that reminds me of every Christmas I spent with my family.

This year, we've already made this punch countless evenings, and today (on Boxing Day), I'll be making a large pot of it:
3 cups cranberry juice
3 cups pineapple juice
1½ cups water
⅓ cups brown sugar
1½ tsp whole cloves
1 cinammon stick
pinch of salt
Put the cloves in a tea ball. Combine all the ingredients in a heavy pot, warm to a simmer, then drop the heat down and keep it hot on the stove. As you might imagine, it gets better with time (though we will add some water to it at the end as it reduces to a thicker consistency).

Serve hot in mugs.

Hot Xmas punch

Happy Boxing Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment